Leadership Skills for World-Class Leaders
Strengthen your skills for even more influence, impact, & opportunity
Marshall Goldsmith's Stakeholder-Centered Coaching is a transparent process that guarantees measurable leadership Growth. No growth No charge.
20 leadership skills (Behavioral)
Leadership skills that are widely valued. It’s based on over 100 coaching engagements over the past 15 years from Marshall Goldsmith’s Inner Team of North America.
- Treat others with respect
- Build trust
- Listen to different points of view with an open mind before giving my opinion
- Delegate more effectively
- Stand up to individuals who undermine teamwork
- Develop Executive presence.
- Address conflict constructively and timely
- Collaborate with others
- Develop and link team strategy to business strategy
- Stand up for what I believe in
- Hold others accountable
- Present self with confidence
- Focus on the critical few issues
- Become more assertive
- Take appropriate risks
- Build cross functional relationships
- Become a better coach and mentor
- Match my leadership style to the specific need of others
- Present my POV persuasively
- Become more decisive
Leadership skills (Cultural)
Broader skills with big impact.
- Servant leadership
- Alignment around clear & compelling vision
- Support culture of innovation
- Support culture of transparency
- Support culture of continual learning & improvement
- Grow leadership at all levels
- Ensure leadership exists where needed
- and many more
What's in it for the organization and you? Of course that depends on your situation. But it may include benefits like:
- Increase odds of success of a key product or initiative.
- Strengthen your team's collaboration, innovation, & resiliance
- Earn a big promotion to a new level of influence, salary, & equity
- Less stress & frustration.
- Better relationships with stakeholders and family
- By you modeling your interest & effort in self improvement, you make it OK for the rest of the organization to look for their own improvement.
- And you'll learn a leadership-development framework you can utiize across your organization
- And more ...
As a leader, your improvements are leveraged accross the scope of your shadow.
What difference would it make for you if after a year you were seen and recognized by key people in your organization as a much more effective leader? What if you didn't improve in this way?
It helps to estimate the dollar value of the improvement. e.g. "If I can get the teams collaborating to launch this product, it will yield $100M" or "If I get the promotion it's worth $400K/yr in increased salary & equity, and a path to even more."
A Common Way to Improve
- Identify the skill that will help you and your org the most.
- Pick a way to improve it.
- Maybe get some help.
- Try to focus on it.
That can work. But if the stakes are high, consider the proven rigerous approach of Stakeholder-Centered Coaching.
Improving via Stakeholder-Centered Coaching (SCC)
Stakeholder-Centered Coaching adds a very systematic approach. It helps you identify the improvement that will have the biggest impact. It enlists 10 or so of your key stakeholders to help you progress. It provides focus long enough to integrate sustainable change. It produces measurable results and a change in the perception of your stakeholders.
Next Step Forward
Let's discuss your situation and where you want to go.
I'd be honored to help you and your teams grow in your chosen way. I'm a Certified Marshall Goldsmith's Stakeholder-Centered Coaching Leadership Coach. This simple coaching framework is systematic & measurable. Results guaranteed. No growth. No charge.
Michael Kelley Harris